Would you like relatives to join you in Canada? 

FARHA CONSULTING assists you during the process. 


Canada has always wanted to maintain family ties as much as possible. For this, it is quite possible to sponsor one of your family members.


For your sponsorship requests to be accepted, our team is ready to guide you.


Today, many Canadians want to bring a close family member to live with them. So that they can reunite with their families, the Canadian government offers a family reunification program, also called "sponsorship".

The goal:

keep families together, as much as possible.

Who are your family members?


- husband or wife, common-law partner, 

- parents,

- Grand parents,

- children, biological or adopted

- other family members

Of course, you can sponsor several people from your family.


If your file is accepted, your relatives will become Canadian permanent residents.


Sponsorship of a spouse or partner 

Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident? Apply for sponsorship for your spouse / common-law partner. Since same-sex marriages are recognized by the Canadian government, it is entirely possible to apply for sponsorship between same-sex spouses. 


The permanent resident visa is issued by IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada).


Please be aware that there are several types of sponsorship requests. Your request can be made when the sponsored person resides in the country (internal category) or resides abroad (external category).


- What does internal category sponsorship mean? 

The idea is to transform a temporary status (temporary worker, student, or visitor) into a permanent resident in Canada. During the process, the sponsored person may need a work permit. It can be requested as open across Canada.


- What does external category sponsorship mean? 

When you apply for external sponsorship, the visa office (in your country of origin or in the country where you have legally resided for at least one year) is responsible for monitoring your file. During the process, the sponsor, known as "the sponsor", can leave Canadian territory.


Each request has its advantages and disadvantages.


FARHA CONSULTING is there to inform, guide and assist you.


Namely: by sponsoring a spouse, you are financially responsible for the sponsored person, for a period of 3 years.


H3 - Family reunification of parents and grandparents 

As a Canadian citizen or resident, you can bring a parent or grandparent to Canada. Be aware that this sponsorship program has an annual limit. If this annual quota is reached, your request will not be accepted, and it will be necessary to wait for the following year.


This generational family reunification also requires an important element: minimum income. When building the file, the sponsored person (and their household) is asked to prove minimum income.


If the request for family reunification of parents and grandparents is not successful, other solutions exist such as the Super Visa.


Super Visa for parents and grandparents 

Because the goal is to maintain family ties, the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents can obtain a multiple-entry visa valid for up to 10 years in full. So your loved ones can visit you.


What is the difference between a super visa and a standard visitor visa? 

Generally, with the standard visitor visa, parents and grandparents are authorized to stay on Canadian territory for a maximum of 6 months, from the official date of their arrival in Canada. If, during their stay, they decide to stay longer, an extension request is necessary and additional costs are to be expected.


This is where the super visa can be beneficial for parents and grandparents: with the super visa, they can spend time with their family in Canada up to 2 years maximum and this period is renewable for 10 years. The super visa offers the possibility of staying longer in Canada. It is a visa called "for multiple entries", valid for 10 years maximum. 


Sponsorship of dependent children 

Thanks to this program, you can bring a biological or adopted child, for whom you are (or will be) responsible, to Canada. 

The sponsored child must: 

- Be under 22 and be single 

- Being a student since the age of 22 and / or being financially dependent on his parent since this age 

- Be 22 years of age or older and have never been able to be financially independent, well - before the age of 22 due to a physical or mental condition. 

Children accepted as permanent residents of Canada have the undisputed right to study or work.


Sponsorship involves obligations once the sponsored person enters Canadian territory.



Indeed, the Canadian authorities verify 2 key points about the sponsor:

- financial capacity 

What is considered in the financial capacity? Well: food, clothing, housing, and other daily needs. But also care not covered by health services (dental, ocular, etc.). To determine your financial capacity, see line 150 of your most recent Notice of Assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Then, it will be necessary to deduct certain specific charges.

- minimum living income 

Of course, it varies depending on the number of family members living in Canada and supported financially. It will also depend on the location of the sponsor in Canada, and the number of sponsored.


Note: calculations of financial capacity are different in Quebec than in the rest of Canada.


At FARHA CONSULTING, we assist families who want to meet and live in Canada. We follow the whole sponsorship procedure and we advise you to build your file. 


The preliminary assessment of your application 

First, we review your application and assess your eligibility for one (or more) of the programs. This study defines your chances of successfully obtaining Canadian permanent resident status. 


Constitution and follow-up of the file 

Quickly, we start the process by building your sponsorship file: collecting information, forms and documents required, evidence.


We represent you on behalf of the visa office, Citizenship and Immigration Canada or the provincial government and IRCC.

Check your eligibility for Sponsorship

Before starting any process, we advise you to check your eligibility.


Complete this eligibility form and estimate your chances as a candidate for one of the sponsorship and family reunification programs in Canada. 

Your answers will be analyzed by FARHA CONSULTING. 

Verify Your Eligibility For Sponsorship

We offer personalized assistance during the process of sponsorship in Canada.


  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn Social Icône